October 14, 2013

Not One of Those Days



Everyone around me has begun writing. My very best friend is a playwright/screenwriter, my boyfriend is a novelist. I naturally surround myself with incredibly creative people, and most days i love it. Today is not one of those days.

I've whined (read: bitched) about that a lot on this blog, other forms of social media, and out loud, but I just can't seem to get over this pity party. So I see things like the above quote and I think "I'll write on my blog about that!" And here I am, having a pity party again.

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends, I love them o so dearly. I love their creative spark, I love their drive, I love their passion. I just hate being the one in the bunch who never does any writing, who doesn't even try!!! NANOWRIMO comes up in just two short weeks and I know I'll be going through a period of guilt all month for not doing it. Again. Same as I haven't for the last 6 years. But I want to. I really do. That want just isn't enough for it to happen I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment