July 20, 2013

Closet Essentials and Mad Men Dreams

Hello all!

I'm so sorry for my absence as of late. It's been a rather busy week between the two jobs and getting my fall schedule aligned between the two and school as well!

Anyways, I found this on pinterest today and I think it is a spectacular list to use as a jumping off point. Any other additions can be bits and pieces that describe your personality. I printed it out and broke it all down into items that I already have, items I need, and items I both want and need! Surprisingly, I already have over half of the items. The only ones I need are small statement pieces. I'm pretty proud of how much I have improved my closet over the past year.

Anyways, I'm at work watching Mad Men  and dreaming of the days where a trip to the grocery store warranted heels and a hat. You know, every time I fly I think of the days when stewardesses were the classiest working gals around and a trip meant you dressed up out of respect. During my college experience I have tried to pull a little inspiration from that into my wardrobe and I think I'm starting to be fairly well known as the "girl who dresses for success". You wouldn't believe how many professors automatically respect me just because I walk into class in a pencil skirt, blouse and heels.

That said, I'm finding myself inspired to cut my hair into a bob and buy some white gloves. Would that be terribly out of place or what?

-Emily Jo

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad my article was inspiring to you.

    Xo Brenna
    www.chicstreetstyle.me

    ReplyDelete